Pages


Friday, October 8, 2010

GYPSY'S RUSTIC SALAD



It's that glorious time of year where everyone is sharing the abundance of their gardens. I have a fridge full of precious tomatoes and I need to use them up. I love the taste combination of fresh tomato and  basil so that is how I started my salad .......

Fresh sun ripened tomatoes, diced
fresh basil, chopped

add a little salt, stir, already a great salad just like this. 

Back to the fridge; I see a small lemon cucumber and a  half block of feta -

dice the cucumber
crumble the feta

stir and chill.
when served I offer fire cider vinegar or balsamic

The ingredients are endless and left up to your creativity;
diced zucchini, fresh peppers, red onions, chives, garlic, mozzarella, parsley, spinach, lettuce, olives .....
Simple, healthy, flavorful and using what's available for the season and what's left in your fridge. Enjoy!


No comments: