Pages


Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sweet Herbal Dreams



A good night's sleep is a great cure for what ails you.
Herbs I've used in dreampillows;
chamomile, lavender, rose petals, desert sage, hops, rosemary, lemon balm, sweetgrass, thyme, calendula, mugwort, valerian, jasmine flowers, sweet woodruff, lemongrass, mint, pine, sandalwood, patchouli .......
I use what's on hand, what smells good to me ..... the herbs I've developed a relationship with by drinking them, eating them, smelling them, burning them, watching them grow. I work by the handfuls placed in an airtight container and let the mixture mingle for a few weeks.
Sleep and Relaxation Tea Herbs I've used over the years;
chamomile, hops, scullcap, valerian, passionflower, st. johns wort, catnip, kava, nettle, oatstraw, jamaican dogwood, wild lettuce, lavender, lemon balm, rose petals, jasmine flowers, mint....
It's always best to try one herb at a time, get an understanding for how your body and her nutrients and chemicals work together.
***Let me say here for the record, ALWAYS research any and every herb in multiple books before deciding to put it in your mouth, that goes for anything you put in your body really, food, prescription medications, nutritional supplements.
*To order these herbs to make your own sleep pillows click on the herbal banner above or email me and we'll get your cupboards stocked with what you need.
Sweet Dreams

No comments: